The use of herbs in traditional medicine is a well-known practice. In oriental medicine, in particular, herbs have been valued for their powerful health benefits. Now with products like TrueBasics Herbal Supplements, you can enjoy the powerful positive effects of these traditional herbs.
Here’s everything you need to know about the benefits of herbal supplements, and how to choose the perfect supplement for yourself.
What are herbal supplements made of?
Any plant or part of a plant that is used for its flavor, odor, or medicinal properties is known as an herb. Herbal supplements are made with extracts of these herbs which are perfectly balanced to provide you with a range of health benefits.
They are available as tablets, powders or capsules and can be used to supplement your meal plan like any other food supplement. They can be used as preventative measures against various health problems or can also be used to supplement any ongoing treatment for a specific disease or health problem.
Is It Safe To Use Herbal Supplements?
Herbal supplements are formulated with clinically tested ingredients which are not only potent, but also extremely safe to use. However, you need to make sure that you are choosing the right health supplements to avoid side effects.
If you are considering using herbal supplements as part of your diet, here are some tips to help you choose the right ones:
Always consult your doctor before using any supplements: While natural extracts are generally safe, it’s a good idea to check with your doctor or health care professional before choosing one for regular use. This is especially important if you are currently undergoing treatment for a health problem. These supplements contain very powerful ingredients that can interfere with certain medications and make them completely ineffective.
Choose products tested by third parties: All food supplements must be certified by the FSSAI or other authorized body. Third party testing, however, is not mandatory. This is a step taken by premium supplement manufacturers to ensure that their products are safe and effective. It also shows that the brand has a sense of responsibility towards its customers and is committed to only offering the best products on the market.
Check for potential allergens: Always check the label for any ingredients that can trigger allergic reactions. If you have a history of food allergies, in particular, this is a very important step in choosing the right supplement. Some common allergens that may be present in these supplements are soy, fish, dairy, and gluten.
Look for recommendations: One of the best ways to make sure that a particular product is actually effective is to research recommendations from other people who have tried the product before. One option is to view product reviews online. Alternatively, you can even consult your friends and family for recommendations.
Why use herbal supplements?
There are several reasons why herbal supplements have grown in popularity around the world:
- They detoxify the body: Plant compounds like flavonoids and chlorophyll are powerful antioxidants. They help flush toxins from the body and protect your cells and tissues from damage caused by free radicals. It has various positive effects like prevention of degenerative diseases, higher energy levels and improvement in overall performance.
- Preventive measure against health problems: Herbal supplements provide you with a healthy dose of healthy nutrients that prevent deficiency-related health issues. These nutrients also stimulate metabolic activities, enzyme and hormone production, and organ function to protect you from possible health problems related to inefficient performance of the body.
- Better digestion: Herbal supplements with ingredients like garlic and ginger are great for improving your digestive health. This results in better absorption of the nutrients that you consume as part of your diet. You also get the enhanced benefits of these nutrients for better health and performance.
- Improved immunity: The antioxidant effect of these herbal supplements is primarily responsible for boosting your immunity. These antioxidants prevent damage to cells of the immune system, improving its strength. In addition, the immune system receives a healthy dose of nutrients that help repair and regenerate these disease-fighting cells faster.
- Best sleep cycle: Certain herbs have a calming effect on your body. They are also able to regulate the production of the sleep hormone, melatonin. This allows you to fall asleep faster and also improves the quality of your sleep. A better sleep cycle means you feel more energetic and have better mental focus throughout the day.
Of course, herbal supplements bring you the benefits of traditional remedies which are very popular all over the world. However, if you have any existing health issues, then do not consume these supplements to cure these conditions. While they can improve your body’s ability to cope with certain conditions, they cannot replace medical care.