Thai doctors and researchers have discovered a herbal drug that fights COVID-19 with great effectiveness. Thai doctors and researchers have disclosed research into the millennial formula of a Thai herbal medicine, “Krorb Kai Takxila”, with the trade name of “Kerra” from the ancient Thai script known as “Takxila Script”. Many pharmaceutical effects have been found. The research is currently funded by the Innovation and Technology Assistance Program, an agency under the National Agency for Scientific and Technological Development to further develop the process of extracting a pure substance and the development of this substance in modern medicines.
Dr Pongsak Tangkana, Dr Sittha Likitnukul, Dr Rangsan Butcha – Director of Prachatipat Hospital and Dr Pat Nungseu jointly announced the results of in vitro research and the clinical use report of the use of Krob Kai Takxila in 3,091 COVID-19 patients. In which Dr Sittha Likitnukul disclosed the results of in vitro research of the Thai herbal medicine formula, Krob Kai Takxila, which show many pharmaceutical effects, namely:
1. The formula can inhibit the main enzyme, the main protease, necessary for viral proliferation, wherein the formula can inhibit the main enzyme by 100% with a concentration of only 0.18 microgram / milliliter, which is a very low concentration. Compared with modern drugs: Lopinavir and Ritronavir, the inhibitory effect of the formula is 1500 times greater than the effect of Lopinavir and 500 times greater than the effect of Ritronavir. Thus, the formula is considered to be very effective in inhibiting the enzyme promoting viral proliferation.
2. The formula can inhibit a second viral proliferation-promoting enzyme called RNA-dependent RNA polymerase (RdRp) with 500% greater efficiency than Favipiravir. Thus, the formula is the only mechanism in the world to inhibit 2 enzymes that promote the viral proliferation of COVID-19.
3. The formula can inhibit the proliferation of coronavirus in cells. It is found that in experimental Petri dishes infected with the coronavirus. The Petri dish which contains extracts of Korb Kai Takxila has a reduced rate of viral proliferation where there are only 600,000 copies while the Petri dish without the extract contains 9,000,000 copies of the virus – a difference distinct.
4. Anti-inflammatory effect in safe doses is better than diclofenac and prednisolone.
5. The antioxidant effect was found to have an ORAC value as high as 81260 units.
6. There are many minerals as components such as calcium, magnesium, and potassium, which when dissolved in water will become alkaline, helping to reduce metabolic acidosis in COVID-19 patients.
7. Toxicity tests on liver cells, kidney cells and white blood cells show a very low level of toxicity. Only taking the medicine in very large quantities, for example 2000 capsules per meal, can cause side effects on the liver or kidney cells. Therefore, the formula is very safe.
8. Immediate toxicity tests in laboratory rats show a low level of immediate toxicity in Category 5, in which laboratory rats must ingest more than 5,000 milligrams per kilogram of body weight to cause toxicity. 9. The formula analysis report did not find any steroids such as dexamethasone. The level of heavy metals is at a standard level which is not hazardous. 10. The formula belongs to the group of herbs which helps reduce fever.
In which Dr Pat Nungseu, a doctor of traditional Thai medicine, revealed that he had developed the original formula of “Kerra” from the formula of Krob Kai Takxila by choosing 9 herbs as components, subjecting them to extraction hot and cold extraction to stimulate important substances in herbal medicine to be effective in successfully suppressing the virus.
Dr Pat Nungseu has used this formula to treat colds, herpes, shingles, etc. which has given effective results. Later during the COVID-19 pandemic, he used this formula with many people and found it to be effective. As for the report on the clinical outcomes of using this formula in COVID-19 patients,
Dr Rangsan Butcha, director of Prachatipat Hospital who is leading the research team, revealed that the use of Korb Kai Takxila with 3,091 urgent, semi-urgent and non-urgent COVID-19 patients has resulted in 100% effective results where there is no patient with symptoms aggravated to the point of having to enter the intensive care unit, use a breathing tube or die.
In addition, 75% of patients will recover in just 7 days. At the start of treatment, there were 1465 patients, representing 47%, who had pulmonary symptoms, that is, the infection started in the lungs. Before receiving treatment, symptoms include cough, sputum, shortness of breath, or angina. The patients treated ranged from 3 months to 80 years, with 226 patients over 60 years, or 7%, including 9 pregnant women, all cured. However, follow-up after birth is necessary.
In addition, there were 572 patients, accounting for 19%, who had one or more congenital diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, etc. Every patient in this category was safe. As for the duration of treatment, 75% of patients will recover within 7 days and the rest within 16 days. In which we follow Long-COVID symptoms in patients to find out if there is a symptom within 1 month to 1 year. During the collection of clinical data, it was found that this herbal formula did not interact with modern drugs that the patients were using, and no side effects were found on the liver and kidneys of the patients who used the formula.
Other side effects were found in 5 of 3091 cases, or 0.16%, with only mild symptoms such as diarrhea, nausea and vomiting. 100% of the patients were satisfied with the effect of the formula which can cure the symptoms of COVID-19, returning them to normal states. This is very big news for the world in the discovery of a herbal medicine formula with antiviral effects that can treat COVID-19 in which the results of clinical treatment were collected in a large group of samples. . The government should support and raise the level of research to include larger and more diverse samples. Thailand hopes to find a solution to treat and stop the spread of COVID-19. (NNT)